In the last week of class, my emotions were a mixture of euphoria and nervousness. I am elated that summer break is approaching, however I am also nervous about the upcoming exams. Here is a summary of what was taught each week:
Week 1: Review of CSC108 where the implementation of class was learned. Init, and eq methods were reviewed.
Week 2: Continue to review CSC108 regarding the implementation for rep and str methods. The property mechanism was taught along with introduction to abstract data types such as stack and queue.
Week 3: Introduction to exception and tracing recursions
Week 4: More tracing of recursions
Week 5: More on recursion along with the review of writing unittest.
Week 6: Structure and implementation of a tree involving usage of recursions (count_leaf, count_node, etc.)
Week 7: Binary search tree and three methods of tree traversal (inorder, postorder and preorder).
Week 8: Class LinkedList and LLNode. Recursion was practiced through writing methods for LinkedList (append, prepend, delete).
Week 9: More implementation of binary search tree and recursion.
Week 10: Discussion on assignment 2’s strategy minimax. The professor also taught ways of choosing test cases for an unittest.
Week 11: Types of sort such as quick sort, merge sort and etc. Also definition of big-O and time complexity such as lg(n) are taught.
Week 12: Leaning more about big-O
Looking back over the course, I realized that more than half of the materials learned in class involved implementing recursion. Hence, I should focus more on practicing recursions in order to prepare for the exam. Furthermore, throughout the term, although I have encountered many conceptual hurdles, I solved them nonetheless. Some major conceptual hurdles include understanding recursion and linked lists, where both problems were already discussed and resolved in my slogs. Lastly, strategy minimax in assignment 2 was the most difficult part in all three assignments. What made writing assignment 2 much harder was that help centres are unavailable due to the strike. Hence, I am really glad that strike is over.
In conclusion, although I used to dislike writing slogs, I now find it really helpful. I would definitely recommend later years to write weekly slogs since writing improves the understanding of complicated concepts.And lastly, I wish everyone good luck on their respective exams!
No comments:
Post a Comment